Screenings 25 October 2023
Cinema Unbound: The Creative Worlds of Powell and Pressburger
The Hippodrome is proud to present selected titles from the major BFI UK-wide film celebration of one of the greatest and most enduring filmmaking partnerships in the history of cinema: Michael Powell and Emeric Pressburger, best known for iconic films including: The Red Shoes, A Matter of Life and Death, and I Know Where I’m Going! throughout November and into December. You can find out more about Cinema Unbound: The Creative Worlds of Powell + Pressburger here.
For details of all our special screenings of these titles plus their other Scottish-set films: The Edge of the World and The Spy In Black see the links below.
Supported by National Lottery and BFI Film Audience Network. #PowellAndPressburger
Special Offer Cinema Unbound: The Creative Worlds of Powell + Pressburger:
- Buy tickets to see 3 films in the season and get 10% discount*
- Buy tickets to see 4 films in the season and get 15% discount*
- Buy tickets to see all 5 films and get 20% discount*
Films in the season:
- I Know Where I'm Going (1945) 5th, 6th & 9th November
- The Edge of the World (1937) + St Kilda: Britain’s Loneliest Isle (1923/28) 19th & 20th November
- The Spy in Black (1939) 26th & 27th November
- The Red Shoes (1948) with Q&A and Chocolate Tasting Kit Thursday 30th November
- A Matter of Life and Death (1946) 1st & 4th December
To get the discount all the tickets MUST be purchased at the same time so make sure you put them all in your shopping basket if buying online or give our bookings team a call on 01324 506850.
*Discount apply to ticket purchases only and does not including 'Cuppa' Screenings.